We provide help for caregivers: Information Support Benefits Veterans How can we help you?
From the National Alliance on Caregiving, and AARP:
- There are about 44 million American caregivers. Of these, about 34 million are caring for an older adult.
- 16 million are caring for someone with Alzheimer’s or dementia.
- 6 million are caring for a veteran.
- The average caregiver is age 49. Half of caregivers are between 18 and 48. One third are aged 65 or older. 60% are female; 40% are male.
- 42% of caregivers care for a parent, and 7% care for a grandparent.
- The average caregiver spends 24 hours per week in care. One in four caregivers devotes 40 hours or more per week in care. The average caregiver fulfills that role for four years.
- 75% of caregivers live within 20 minutes of the person they care for. However, an estimated 5+ million caregivers are “long distance” caregivers, living 400 or more miles away from the person they care for.
Whether you are old or young, male or female, close or long-distance, new to caregiving, or an old hand at it, this website is dedicated to you.
BlueStarCaregivers.org is a non-profit site dedicated to providing free resources and support to America’s caregivers. It is founded and supported by BlueStar TeleHealth, which provides telehealth services to help clinical caregivers connect with their remote patients.
BlueStar TeleHealth, based outside Washington DC, has provided services to thousands of American seniors, in all 50 states, since 2014. BlueStar is veteran-owned and operated, and has 14 generals and admirals from all services on its advisory board. For more info about BlueStar TeleHealth here visit: bluestartelehealth.com
In addition to the BlueStar Caregivers site, BlueStar has established The BlueStar Senior Veterans Foundation. This is an IRS-approved 501(c)(3) public charity, which provides free aging-in-place services to deserving senior veterans and their spouses or widows. See bluestarseniorveterans.org.